Tuesday 3 December 2013

Terrace's Post

 Hey, it is Terrace posting!

There was a request that I post on the blog. So I am going to attempt at posting. 

   This trip has been an amazing experience. It has been a very eye opening trip. On one of the first days while we were sorting clothes ,for the big sale, we weren't sure what to keep or toss. So Shelly decided to drive us through the area were the clothes were going to.I had seen pictures and been told what to expect but no one can describe how these people live. I was shocked to see tin roofs and walls of tarps. Yet the kids were still smiling and playing like we would've at the age of 4. When we got back and started sorting again it was really hard. You didn't want to put in clothes with stains or holes and say "this is good enough for you!" but also you felt bad when you put clothes in the garbage pile that they would still buy. Anyway, the sale was a blast! I made some great buddies,helping them try on shoes and rummage through shirts.

 Another experience was the food. If you know me you would  know I am a picky eater! The food hasn't all been my favorite, but I have learnt the art of a "no thank you portion" the food is a very big part of Mexicans culture so you must try everything. One of the  nights we all divided into groups and ate at houses of people from  the church. My group got the best meal! (or at least I like to think)  we had perogies with meat inside,  instead of potatoes. Then they  were deep fried until perfectly crunchy and topped with lettuce and  tomatoe! I think I have a new favorite food!   

  And just yesterday we went to the beach! Although I have a fear of the ocean I did manage to go up to mid thigh! I enjoyed the huts they had set up! I also made the mistake of going for a walk and taking of my shoes while drawing in the sand. Come the end of the day we had the whole team searching for these purple flip flops. Finally, mom to the rescue,  found them 300 yards from the main  area. 

 And finally, today at the child home. Man was it a great day!!! I instantly fell in love with a 2-3 year old girl named Barbara. All day she was coming for hugs  and wanted me to hold her. (or  anyone to hold her)  I felt a little less excited when near the end of the day we were reading a story and she peed all the way down my leg!  I can't wait til tomorrow when I get to play with the kids and continue to paint walls again! 

 I hope to continue posting while we are away. Pray that these last couple days will be great and that we will continue to have energy. And also for health. 

 Thanks for reading, 
  Terrace/ Terisa 
( my Mexican name is Terisa by the way)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks Terrace! It's great to hear about Mexico from your perspective! Sounds to me like you need to try to get the recipe for your new favourite food!

    You have some cool opportunities to minister to others and have seen poverty that many people will never see, these experiences and lessons from God will change your hearts for a lifetime!! My prayer for you and your team is that God will continue to use you and teach you during your last few days there. I bet Barbara is excited to see you again tomorrow and I hope that this time she won't pee on you! ;) I pray that you will shine God's love to everyone you meet in the next few days!! I can't wait to see you and hear all the stories and see all your pics from the trip!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: now I'm waiting for Jaelyn's post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally catching up on the posts that you guys have written. Thank-you for posting Terrace. I love your dad's posts but yours really touched Alicia and I. To hear what God has laid on your heart was amazing. God has blessed you with such a heart of compassion and love. You have an amazing way of expressinig yourself with such sincerity. You not only told us what you saw but you told us the story from your heart...what you felt, the feelings you struggled with. We look forward to hearing more of stories from you and your family and the amazing things that God is doing there and in your hearts.

    Evan

    ReplyDelete